- Open to professional and amateur photographers from any country.
- Photos submitted to the contest must have been taken in the Far Eastern Himalaya Landscape, which extends across parts of Bhutan, China, India, and Myanmar.
- Each entrant may submit up to three entries in any thematic category listed above.
- The following are ineligible: Photos that have been submitted to ICIMOD-organized photo contests in the past; photos that have been awarded or given honourable mentions in any photo contest, either online or in print; and photos that have already been used in print or online publications. However, you may submit photos that you have used in your personal or social media spaces such as blogs, Facebook, and Flickr.
- Photos that are culturally insensitive are not acceptable.
- ICIMOD staff are not eligible to participate in the contest.
Copyright and use
The copyright of the winning work belongs to the author, and by participating in the photo contest, the entrant grants ICIMOD and its media partners a non-exclusive right to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries and texts, in whole or in part, in any media currently existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly, or all other standard purposes of ICIMOD.
Due credit will be given to the entrant each time his/her photo is used, wherever feasible. ICIMOD will provide a digital or print copy to the entrant (upon request) of any publication that includes his/her image(s).
ICIMOD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to tamper with the spirit of the digital photo contest; violate the above terms and conditions and exclusionary provisions; or infringe on the rights of third parties. ICIMOD’s decisions are final.
How to Enter the Photo Contest
Each entrant may submit up to three entries by properly filling in the image submission form. Read the eligibility and submission guidelines given below before entering your photo(s) for the contest.
Deadline for Submission
Entries for the contest will be accepted from 20 December 2019. All entries must be submitted through the ICIMOD website (see the “Enter the photo contest” section) by 17:00 Nepal Standard Time on 28 January 2020.
For any inquiry or clarification
Write to Nawraj Pradhan