- Entrants must submit photo(s) that taken on or after the cut-off date of 1 January 2011.
- Entries must be have been taken in the Hindu Kush Himalayan part of any of the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan (see map).
- The contest is open to entrants of all skill levels.
- Each individual can only win one prize.
- Winners of the ResilientHKH photo story contest will be announced between 3-6 December, on the occasion of the international conference on ‘Resilient Hindu Kush Himalaya: Developing Solutions towards a Sustainable Future for Asia’.
- Winners of the ICIMOD 2017 International Mountain Day photo contest will be announced on 11 December, on the occasion of International Mountain Day.
- All winners will be published on the PhotoHKH website shortly afterwards.
- Entries may have been taken from any camera, film (as scanned slides) or digital.
- Entries must be digital black and white or colour images, submitted in a .jpeg, or .jpg format, between 3 to 10 MB in size (300 dpi). Color images changed to black and white as well as scanned (digitized) images of non-digital photographs, negatives, or transparencies are also acceptable.
- Minimal cropping is permitted. Minor adjustments, including dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustments, are acceptable as long as the integrity of the original photo is not compromised.
- Entries should be the work of the entrant, and he/she must own the copyrights. Entries that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyrights, are not eligible.
- Entrants should retain high-resolution and RAW files, if applicable, of their submissions. In the event your submission is selected as a finalist or winner, you will be asked to submit a high-resolution image for printing and display, and, if applicable, a RAW image to check if adjustments made to the image comply with the rules.
ICIMOD seeks no ownership of the content submitted to the website and respects and supports the rights of the creator and/or owner. Copyright remains with the image creator and/or owner at all times.
By uploading his/her content to the ICIMOD/PhotoHKH website, the entrant retains all rights to that content as previously enjoyed before uploading. By posting your content to the ICIMOD/PhotoHKH website the entrant grants ICIMOD and its media partners a non-exclusive world wide license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries and texts, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly or all other non-commercial purpose. Due credit will be given to the entrant each time his/her photo is used, wherever feasible. ICIMOD will provide a digital or print copy to the entrant (upon request) of any publication that includes his/her image(s).
- Photos that were submitted to ICIMOD-organized photo contests in the past; photos that have been awarded or given honorable mentions in any photo contest, either online or in print; and photos that have already been used in print or online publications are not eligible. However, you may submit photos that you have used in your personal or social spaces such as blogs, Facebook and Flickr.
- Photos with watermarks or date/time are not permissible. Photos that have been digitally manipulated compromising the integrity of the originals are not eligible. High dynamic range images (HDR) and composite images are not acceptable. Minimal cropping, however, is permitted.
- Photos that are culturally insensitive or portray subjects, especially children or minors, in the nude or compromising situations are not acceptable.
- ICIMOD staff and judges are not allowed to enter the contest.
ICIMOD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to tamper with the spirit of the photo competition; violate the above terms and conditions and exclusionary provisions; or infringe on the rights of third parties. Decisions of ICIMOD are final.
How to Enter the Photo Contest
Each entrant may submit up to three entries per thematic category by properly filling in the image submission form.
Deadline for Submission
27 November 2017
For any inquiry or clarification
Write to email@example.com